SEO / SEM Specialist. Why is it Important to a Company?
Search engine optimization or SEO is a set of actions aimed at improving the positioning of a website in the results list of Google, Bing, or other Internet search engines.
SEO works on technical aspects such as optimizing the structure and metadata of a website, but it is also applied at the content level, with the aim of making them more useful and relevant for users.
An SEO / SEM expert is usually hired to manage all marketing activities and for the optimization of the company’s website for all search engines.
He is responsible for managing all SEO activities such as content strategy, link building, and keyword strategy to improve ranking on major search networks. He also usually manages all SEM campaigns on Google, Yahoo, and Bing to maximize ROI.
What are the responsibilities of an SEO / SEM specialist?
The responsibilities of the SEO / SEM specialist are:
- Optimizing content and landing pages for search engine optimization
- Conduct ongoing keyword research, including discovering and expanding new opportunities for keywords of interest to the business
- Research and implement content recommendations for organic SEO success
- Run tests, collect and analyze data and results, identify trends and insights to achieve maximum ROI on campaigns search services
- Track, report, and analyze websites and PPC campaigns and initiatives
- Manage campaign expenses, respect budget, calculate monthly costs and reconcile discrepancies
- Investigate and analyze competitor advertising links
- Develop and implement link building strategy
- Work with the development team to ensure that the best SEO practices are properly implemented in the developed code
- Work with editorial and marketing teams to drive SEO in content creation and programming
- Recommend changes to site architecture website, content, links and other factors to improve SEO positions for your target keywords
Characteristics of a good SEO / SEM specialist
The characteristics that a good SEO / SEM specialist must meet are:
- Proven SEO expertise
- SEM’s proven experience in managing PPC campaigns on Google, Yahoo, and Bing
- Solid knowledge of online customer acquisition, conversion and performance marketing
- In-depth experience with website analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends)
- Experience with A / B and multivariate experiments
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms
- Stay up to date with the latest trends and best practices in SEO and SEM
The SEO / SEM specialist has become a vital collaborator of the current company since it positions the brand and its products/services on the Internet, which is essential for all types of companies, not only for those that sell online at the Internet level. global, but also for those that sell locally in your city.
What do you think about the rol of SEO / SEM specialist in the company?